Posts may be a bit sporadic this summer. I won't step foot in Virginia until mid July, and then only for three days:
- June 17 - 21 GA Tech --> APCS Principles Big Ideas
- A week in Atlanta talking computer science and making things with play-doh,I know you are jealous
- June 24 - July 12 Working on this: http://mooc.amplify.com/
- It's a MOOC for AP Computer Science - more on this later - pretty amazing
- July 13 - 16 CSTA National Conference
- Are you going? You should be, just sayin
- July 16 - 20 APCS Principles Pilot Meeting/AP Annual Conference
- Can't wait to meet all the new APCS Principles Piloters - over 40 of us now!
- July - August - Back to this: http://mooc.amplify.com/
- And throughout I am helping with: VASS APCS Online Summer Training - spots are still available if you are interested. The amazing Stacey Armstrong is the lead on the training so your don't want to miss out.
Hope to see you at one of these - if you are there make sure to say hello.
I follow computer science stuff on Twitter - so drop me a line and let me know how your summer is going. We have so many things happening as a community right now, it is really exciting to see all the hard work so many people have put in through the years building a k-12 computer science presence really start to take off. Here's hoping big changes are coming - because every kid in the United States should have the opportunity to take a computer science class.