I have had a few CSTA folks ask, so here are some tools we've been using for the CSTA - Central VA Chapter.
The hardest part of running a chapter is communication - who is a member? How do we let folks know about meetings? I have found this collection of tools really helps.
- Dominoes Pizza App - because pizza makes things better. It also lets you save a standard order to speed things up. We have some gluten free folks, so we use Dominoes. Insert Foodstuff of choice.
- Doodle Poll- lets you easily poll several people to find a common meeting time. We use this when the leadrship team needs to meet.
- Evite - We use these for chapter meetings. It really helps since it lets folks RSVP so you have an idea of how many folks to expect.
- Facebook - I put all the links here and meeting info. A lot of folks start with Facebook searches.
- Google Contacts- I keep our membership list here and have a canned response saved every time we get a new member.
- Mail Chimp - We use this to create a membership form. In hindsight I could have used a Google form too. Here is what the page looks like.
- Wordpress - This is our chapter's main landing page. I have it set so I can post using emails, and this email is included in our distribution list, so any updates or Evites I send to the chapter are automatically posted on the blog. Warning - don't put personal phone numbers in these emails, not that I have done this or anything...